Let’s recap on the players I suggested for pickups 2 weeks ago, didn’t have time to post a new article last week so I’ll play this like I had the same pickups for 2 weeks in a row:
- Travis Zajac (NJD) – 6 GP – 1 Goal/ 1 Assist/ -2/ 5 SOG
- Frank Vatrano – 6 GP – 0 Goals/ 1 Assist / +1/ 9 SOG
- Sebastian Aho (CAR) – 7 GP – 3 Goals/ 2 Assists/ +1/ 21 SOG
- Nick Schmaltz (CHI) – 4 GP – 0 Goals/ 2 Assists/ EVEN/ 7 SOG
- Mathieu Perreault (WPG) – 6 GP – 1 Goal/ 4 Assists/ +2/ 9 SOG
The bye-week is over for this year, with quite a few teams have 4 games this week. Carolina is playing 5 games in 7 nights.
Waiver-Wire Pickups (Percentages owned are via Fantrax.com)
1) Sebastian Aho (Forward – 71%) – Aho has been playing quite well lately for the Canes, and with 5 games in 7 nights he’ll be seeing plenty of action. He’s near the top of owned-percentage but if he’s available in your league, pick him up. He could be the difference late in your fantasy season.
Matchups this week: NY Islanders (x2), Minnesota, Nashville, Philadelphia
2) James Reimer (Goalie – 55%) – Reimer has been the man in Florida for a couple weeks now, with Luongo on the shelf with an injury. Reimer has been known in his career as a streaky goalie, and coming off 3 losses he should be due for an upswing. With Florida still hanging on to playoff hopes, they’ll need big games out of Reimer.
Matchups this week: Toronto, Columbus, NY Rangers, Pittsburgh
3) Antti Raanta (Goalie – 61%) – King Hank was just diagnosed with an injury that will keep him out of the lineup for the next 2-3 weeks. During that time, Raanta will be the man in New York. He’s played very well all season, and has taken on heavy workloads in the past. Snatch him up if he’s out there.
Matchups this week: Tampa Bay, Florida, Minnesota
4) Gustav Nyquist (Forward – 61%) – Since coming back from his suspension (which was FAR too little), he’s been playing better hockey. In those 5 games, he has 6 points. Not outstanding numbers, but he’s been having a terrible year. The Red Wings in general have been having an awful year, but with Vanek traded out at the deadline, Nyquist is seeing increased time. He’s worth a gamble in most leagues. The Wings have an outstanding schedule this week as well.
Matchups this week: Colorado (x2), Arizona
5) Andrew Ladd (Forward – 49%) – Ladd is having a terrible year, especially after signing the big deal this summer with the Islanders. He’s been a different player lately though, with points in 3 straight games. He’s been playing his best hockey at a time of year when the Islanders need it the most. If they’re going to make the playoffs they’ll need even more out of him.
Matchups this week: Carolina (x2), Winnipeg, Columbus
*Percentages per Fantrax.com*